Email marketing is an essential tool in today’s digital landscape, allowing businesses to reach their target audience and generate conversions.
In this blog post, we will provide an in-depth comparison of Constant Contact vs ConvertKit, two popular email marketing platforms.
We will examine their features, pricing, ease of use, and more, to help you determine which platform best suits your needs.
I. Overview of Constant Contact and ConvertKit
When it comes to email marketing, choosing the right platform is crucial for the success of your campaigns.
Constant Contact and ConvertKit are two popular choices, but which one is the better option for your business?
In this Constant Contact vs ConvertKit comparison, we’ll explore the key differences between these two platforms.
A. Constant Contact
Constant Contact is a well-established email marketing platform that caters to small business owners and organizations.
With a user-friendly interface and a wide range of features, Constant Contact aims to make email marketing accessible to businesses of all sizes.
ConvertKit, on the other hand, is tailored specifically for creators, bloggers, and small businesses.
With advanced automation features and a focus on audience segmentation, ConvertKit seeks to help users create targeted and personalized email campaigns.
II. Features of Constant Contact vs ConvertKit
In this section, we’ll compare the features of Constant Contact and ConvertKit, including email templates, automation, integrations, and more.
A. Email Templates and Customization
- Constant Contact
- Offers hundreds of email templates for various industries and use cases
- Features a drag-and-drop email editor for easy customization
- Provides a more limited selection of templates, focusing on clean and minimalist designs for creators and bloggers
- Also offers a drag-and-drop email editor for customization
B. Automation and Workflow
- Constant Contact
- Includes marketing automation features like automated communications and dynamic content personalization
- Offers advanced automation capabilities, such as visual automation builders, automated email sequences, and audience tagging and segmentation
C. Integrations and Third-Party Support
- Constant Contact
- Integrates with popular tools like Shopify, WooCommerce, Canva, and Etsy
- Provides award-winning live chat and phone support
- Offers integrations with tools like Google Analytics, Zapier, and WordPress
- Features community support for Free plan users, and live chat and email support for Creator and Creator Pro plan users
III. Pricing: Constant Contact vs ConvertKit
In this section, we will compare the pricing plans of Constant Contact and ConvertKit, to help you decide which platform offers the best value for your business.
A. Constant Contact Pricing
- Core Plan:
- Starts at $9.99/month, based on the number of contacts
- Includes hundreds of email templates, sign-up forms, and engagement reporting
- Plus Plan (recommended):
- Starts at $45/month, based on the number of contacts
- Offers additional features like list-growth tools, dynamic content personalization, and in-depth reporting
B. ConvertKit Pricing
- Free Plan:
- $0/month for up to 300 subscribers
- Includes unlimited landing pages, unlimited forms, and audience tagging and segmentation
- Creator Plan:
- $9/month ($108 billed annually) for up to 300 subscribers
- Offers additional features such as automated email sequences, visual automation builders, and one additional team member
- Creator Pro Plan:
- $25/month ($290 billed annually) for up to 300 subscribers
- Provides premium features like priority live chat and email support, unlimited team members, and advanced reporting.
IV. Ease of Use: Constant Contact vs ConvertKit
In this section, we will examine the ease of use of both Constant Contact and ConvertKit to help you choose the platform that will be most user-friendly for your needs.
A. Constant Contact: Ease of Use
Constant Contact is known for its user-friendly interface, making it an accessible option for small business owners who may not have extensive experience with email marketing.
The platform’s drag-and-drop email editor simplifies the process of customizing email templates, while the wide range of available templates makes it easy to create visually appealing emails.
B. ConvertKit: Ease of Use
ConvertKit also offers a user-friendly experience, with a clean and minimalist interface that is easy to navigate.
The platform’s drag-and-drop email editor allows for easy customization of email templates, while the visual automation builder simplifies the process of creating complex email workflows.
V. Automation Capabilities: Constant Contact vs ConvertKit
When comparing the automation capabilities of Constant Contact vs ConvertKit, it’s important to consider the specific needs and priorities of your business.
In this section, we’ll explore the automation features offered by each platform.
A. Constant Contact: Automation Features
Constant Contact offers basic marketing automation features, such as automated communications and dynamic content personalization.
These features can help streamline your email marketing efforts and improve the effectiveness of your campaigns.
B. ConvertKit: Automation Features
ConvertKit’s automation capabilities are more advanced than Constant Contact’s, with a visual automation builder that simplifies the process of creating complex email workflows.
ConvertKit also offers automated email sequences, subscriber scoring, and audience tagging and segmentation, allowing for highly targeted and personalized email campaigns in the Constant Contact vs ConvertKit comparison.
VI. Integrations and Third-Party Support: Constant Contact vs ConvertKit
In this section, we will compare the third-party integrations and support offered by Constant Contact and ConvertKit, to help you determine which platform is more compatible with your existing marketing stack.
A. Constant Contact’s Integrations and Third-Party Support
Constant Contact offers integrations with popular tools such as Shopify, WooCommerce, Canva, and Etsy, allowing businesses to streamline their marketing efforts across multiple platforms.
The platform also provides award-winning live chat and phone support to assist users with any issues or questions.
B. ConvertKit’s Integrations and Third-Party Support
ConvertKit also offers a range of third-party integrations, including popular tools like Google Analytics, Zapier, and WordPress.
The platform provides community support for its Free plan users, while Creator and Creator Pro plan users have access to live chat and email support.
Constant Contact vs ConvertKit: Comparing Customer Support
When choosing an email marketing platform, the quality of customer support is an important consideration.
In this section, we will compare the customer support offered by Constant Contact and ConvertKit, helping you determine which platform provides better assistance when you need it.
I. Constant Contact Customer Support
Constant Contact is known for its award-winning customer support, which includes:
- Live Chat Support: Constant Contact offers live chat support for both Core and Plus plan users, providing real-time assistance for any questions or issues.
- Phone Support: Phone support is also available for Constant Contact users, allowing for a more personal and direct interaction with support staff.
- Knowledge Base: The platform features an extensive knowledge base, which includes articles, guides, and video tutorials to help users troubleshoot common issues and learn more about Constant Contact’s features.
- Community Forum: Constant Contact has an active community forum where users can ask questions, share experiences, and learn from fellow users.
II. ConvertKit Customer Support
ConvertKit offers different levels of customer support, depending on the user’s plan:
- Community Support: For users on the Free plan, ConvertKit offers community support through its online forum, where users can ask questions and engage with fellow ConvertKit users.
- Live Chat & Email Support: Creator and Creator Pro plan users have access to live chat and email support, providing timely assistance for any questions or issues.
- Priority Support: Creator Pro plan users receive priority live chat and email support, ensuring that their inquiries are addressed promptly.
- Knowledge Base: ConvertKit also features a comprehensive knowledge base, including articles, guides, and video tutorials to help users troubleshoot common issues and learn more about the platform’s features.
Check out our other Blogs
VII. Conclusion: Constant Contact vs ConvertKit
In conclusion, both Constant Contact and ConvertKit are powerful email marketing platforms, each with their own strengths and weaknesses.
Ultimately, the choice between the two platforms depends on your business’s specific needs and priorities in the Constant Contact vs ConvertKit decision.
For small businesses that require a comprehensive, user-friendly email marketing solution with a wide range of templates and integrations, Constant Contact may be the better choice.
On the other hand, for creators, bloggers, and small businesses seeking a more tailored email marketing platform with advanced automation features, ConvertKit may be the ideal option when comparing Constant Contact vs ConvertKit.
By carefully considering the features, pricing, ease of use, and compatibility with your existing marketing stack, you can make an informed decision between Constant Contact and ConvertKit, ensuring your email marketing efforts are as effective and efficient as possible.
The quality of customer support should also be taken into account when weighing the pros and cons of Constant Contact vs ConvertKit, as prompt and effective support can be crucial for the success of your email marketing campaigns.
FAQ:- Constant Contact Vs Convertkit
Q: Can you use ConvertKit as a CRM?
ConvertKit is not a traditional CRM, but it does offer basic CRM-like features such as audience tagging, segmentation, and subscriber management.
Q: Which is best, Mailchimp or ConvertKit?
The choice between Mailchimp and ConvertKit depends on your specific needs. Mailchimp is a more comprehensive marketing platform, while ConvertKit is tailored for creators and bloggers with advanced automation features.
Q: What are the benefits of using ConvertKit?
ConvertKit offers advanced automation, audience segmentation, and tagging, which allows for targeted and personalized email campaigns. It is designed specifically for creators, bloggers, and small businesses.
Q: What is Constant Contact good for?
Constant Contact is an email marketing platform well-suited for small businesses and organizations. It offers a user-friendly interface, a wide range of templates, and integrations with popular tools.
Q: Which one is better, Constant Contact vs ConvertKit?
The choice between Constant Contact and ConvertKit depends on your specific needs. Constant Contact is better for businesses that need a comprehensive, user-friendly email marketing solution, while ConvertKit is ideal for creators and businesses that require advanced automation features.